Works by Arthur Walkington Pink
After 1922, almost all of Pink’s books were drawn from specific series from his periodical, Studies in the Scriptures. The years listed then are when these series appeared in the Studies. This list is largely based upon Iain Murray’s work, with a few modifications by the archive’s curators.
These works were written whilst A.W. Pink was a committed dispensationalist. It is wise to acknowledge that Pink’s theological framework changed considerably during the early-1930s to embrace a form of Covenant Theology. This does not mean that these works are not advantageous to the reader, but rather that the Dispensationalism reflected in these books were later rejected.
- 1917 – The Divine Inspiration of the Bible
- 1918 – The Redeemer’s Return
- 1918 – The Sovereignty of God
- 1919 – The Seven Sayings on the Cross
- 1921 – Why Four Gospels?
- 1922 – Gleanings in Genesis
- 1922-3 – The Antichrist
- 1924-9 – Gleanings in Exodus
- 1922-7 – Exposition of Gospel of John
- 1927-8 – Parables of Matthew 13
These works were written either or during Pink’s theological shift to Covenantalism. His Exposition of Hebrews is illustrative of this shift, as it was over the course of writing this work where his theology changed, and this is reflected in the fact that the differences in his approach between the first half of the book and the second half are notable.
- 1928-1938 – Exposition of Hebrews
- 1929 – Life of Abraham
- 1930-1 – The Satisfaction of Christ
- 1930-1 – The Attributes of God (Sometimes published as Gleanings in the Godhead)
- 1930-2 – Profiting from the Word
- 1931 – Regeneration (Contained in Doctrine of Salvation)
- 1931 – Repentance (Contained in Doctrine of Salvation)
- 1931-2 – Glories of God Our Redeemer (Sometimes published as Gleanings in the Godhead, with The Attributes of God)
- 1932-9 – Life of David
- 1932 – Saving Faith
- 1932-3 – Assurance
- 1933 – Coming to Christ (Contained in Doctrine of Salvation)
- 1933 – Heart Work (Contained in Practical Christianity)
- 1933-4 – A Study of Dispensationalism
- 1933-7 – The Holy Spirit
- 1934 – The Doctrine of Justification
- 1934-8 – The Divine Covenants
- 1935-7 – The Doctrine of Sanctification
- 1935-7 – Union and Communion
- 1938-40 – The Doctrine of Election (Often printed with The Doctrine of Justification.)
- 1938 – The Lord’s Prayer (Often printed with the Beatitudes.)
- 1938-43 – The Sermon on the Mount
- 1938-40 – The Holy Sabbath
- 1940-2 – The Life of Elijah
- 1940-2 – The Doctrine of Man’s Impotency (Often printed with Man’s Total Depravity.)
- 1940 – The Justice of God
- 1941 – The Ten Commandments
- 1942-4 – The Doctrine of the Saint’s Perseverance (Sometimes published as Eternal Security)
- 1942-3 – Divine Healing: Is it Scriptural?
- 1943-5 – The Life of Elisha (Sometimes published as Gleanings from Elisha)
- 1944-9 – The Prayers of the Apostles (Sometimes published as Gleanings from Paul)
- 1944-6 – Spiritual Growth or Christian Progress
- 1944-6 – The Doctrine of Reconciliation
- 1945-53 – The Life and Times of Joshua (Sometimes published as Gleanings in Joshua)
- 1946 (&1948) – Enjoying God’s Best (Contained in Practical Christianity)
- 1947-9 – The Doctrine of Revelation
- 1947 – The Great Change (Contained in Practical Christianity)
- 1949 – Glorious Sinai
- 1949-50 – Divine Inspiration of the Scriptures
- 1950-3 – Exposition of 1 John
- 1950-2 – The Doctrine of Human Depravity
- 1950-2 – The Interpretation of the Scriptures
- 1952 – The Doctrine of Mortification (Contained in Practical Christianity)
Biographies on Arthur Walkington Pink
Richard P. Belcher, Arthur W. Pink: Born to Write (Columbia, SC: Richbarry Press, 1980).
Iain H. Murray, The Life of Arthur W. Pink (Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1981: Revised, 2004).
Alan McKerrell, Early Reminiscence of A.W. Pink (Sydney, NSW: Alan McKerrell, n.d.).
Collected Letters of Arthur Walkington Pink
Letters from Spartanburg, Ed. Richard P. Belcher (Columbia, SC: Richbarry Press, 1993).
Letters of an Itinerant Preacher, 1920-1921, Ed. Richard P. Belcher (Columbia, SC: Richbarry Press, 1994).
Letters of A.W. Pink: during the period 1924-1951, Eds. Iain H. Murray and Sinclair Ferguson (Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1978).
Letters to a Young Pastor, Ed. R. Harbach (Grandville, MI: Grandville Protestant Reformed Church, 1993)
Books About Arthur Walkington Pink
Richard P. Belcher, Arthur W. Pink: Predestination (Columbia, SC: Richbarry Press, 1983).